Surprise Criminal Attorney
A Surprise Criminal Attorney is a legal professional who will protect your rights and represent you in court if you have been charged with a crime in Maricopa County, Arizona. The Enholm Law, PLLC Surprise Criminal Attorney that you meet with for a free consultation will help show you the strengths and weaknesses of your side of the case. Your attorney will evaluate the specifics of your charges in relation to Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) that pertain to your individual circumstances. During your initial session we will go over all existing documents and evidence that could possibly have an effect on the outcome of your case.
Criminal convictions can stay on your public record for years. Even misdemeanor convictions can have an adverse affect on your opportunities to receive financial services, hurt your employment prospects and can affect your capability to choose the housing options you wish. It can be extremely taxing on you both emotionally and physically to compile evidence, prepare all pertinent documentation for your case, and go through the process of evidentiary discovery. A skilled, compassionate and experienced Surprise Criminal Attorney will maximize your chances at reducing or dismissing charges entered into your public criminal record.
The Surprise Criminal Attorney appointed to your case by Enholm Law, PLLC will have successfully defended clients in Arizona. Your attorney will have the experience necessary to handle crimes that could include, but are not limited to:
- DUI and DWI
- Drug offenses
- Bench warrants
- Assault and Battery
- Underage juvenile / minor crimes
- Murder and Homicide
- Bank robbery
- Domestic Violence
- Other Criminal Offenses
Felony vs Misdemeanor
Misdemeanors are serious charges that usually involve up to six months of jail time, the loss of your driving privileges as well as having substantial fines and other unexpected penalties. A felony is typically a more serious crime and carries higher maximums for sentencing and fines. Felonies will impact your ability to seek employment, affect your ability to vote, show up on credit checks and ruin your educational opportunities. With a felony, you may choose to select a jury trial. Misdemeanors only give this option under specific circumstances. An experienced Surprise Criminal Attorney will help you understand the impact of your charges and work with the state to attempt to reduce these charges before you ever step into a court room.
A misdemeanor crime is punishable by less than one year of jail time. Some misdemeanor charges carry the penalty of fines and probation. These penalties depend on the classification that the charge carries. Penalties, both fines and jail time, will be based on your existing criminal record and the individual legal facts of the case. Arizona uses a class-based system to define the severity of the alleged crime. Here are the Arizona classifications and possible periods of incarceration:
- Class 1 misdemeanor: 6 months
- Class 2 misdemeanor: 4 months
- Class 3 misdemeanor: 30 days
A Felony crime is considered much more serious than a misdemeanor crime. They carry a penalty of more than one year in jail. Felonies carry with them a more drastic affect on your civil rights than misdemeanors. The felony classifications, along with the possible sentences, are:
- Class 1 felony: 25 years to life in prison. The death penalty is possible for first degree murder
- Class 2 felony: 5 years
- Class 3 felony: 3.5 years
- Class 4 felony: 2.5 years
- Class 5 felony: 1.5 years
- Class 6 felony: 1 year
Arizona Superior Court Criminal Process
If you have been charged with a crime in Arizona, your first job is to remain silent and contact an Enholm Law, PLLC Surprise Criminal Attorney. You have the right to remain silent and by allowing your attorney to speak for you will be your best change to protect your rights. Your Surprise Criminal Attorney will gather all evidence, prepare all of documentation, work with the state attorney during evidentiary discovery and appears with you as your legal representative in Superior Court. The following are the major sections of the Arizona Superior Court Criminal Process:
- Initial Appearance occurs within 24 hours of an arrest.
- Court explains to the Defendant all of the criminal charges filed, determines counsel and addresses possible conditions for release.
Direct complaint / information
- A plea agreement can be entered at this time if the defendant so wishes.
- If no plea is entered, the criminal matter is scheduled for a preliminary hearing.
- The prosecutor will present any evidence of alleged criminal offenses to the Grand Jury.
- If an Indictment is obtained, an arraignment is set for the criminal case.
- The arraignment is the first court date for a Defendant after an Indictment.
- This hearing requires the Defendant to enter a not guilty plea.
- Criminal case is scheduled.
- Usually a jury trial for felony charges.
- The State of Arizona has the burden of proving each and every element of the criminal charge beyond a reasonable doubt.
- If the Defendant is convicted of a criminal charge either by way of plea agreement or after a trial.
Surprise Criminal Attorney – Free Consultation
During your initial free consultation, your Enholm Law, PLLC Surprise Criminal Attorney will review the specific circumstances that you face in relationship to your legal issues. This time is set aside for your Surprise Criminal Attorney to listen to your side and to advise you on the strengths and weaknesses in your legal argument. All of the documents that have been drafted, any evidence that might be involved and the specific legal facts of your case will be discussed. This meeting will be held in your local area to insure that you have the maximum amount of time to focus on your specific situation.
Enholm Law, PLLC – What To Expect
At Enholm Law, PLLC, we take our slogan “we take sides…yours” extremely seriously. When you are facing legal issues of any kind, the additional burden of feeling alone or that you have no one on your side can be stressful on you both emotionally and physically. Knowing that you have someone who will listen, who will follow a defined course of action and who will protect your rights are critical factors in the personal and legal success of your case. Our staff, including your Surprise Criminal Attorney, are trained to work together in a cohesive unit to provide you with the personal and professional legal tools you need. We make the following promises to all of our clients:
- All meetings can be arranged in Surprise, Arizona, for your convenience.
- All of our staff undergo ongoing training in their specific fields of endeavor.
- A high level of competency and skill, to include all statutes and case law, are expected of our team.
- You will receive a comprehensive, easy to follow, plan that we only deviate from when circumstances change.
- You will receive bi-weekly status calls to update you on the progress of your case.
- All of your phone calls or emails will be returned within 24 hours or less.
- A clear Fee Structure based upon a flat fee model or hourly billing.
Call (602)889-6273 right now to receive your initial free consultation with a Surprise Criminal Attorney who is ready to take your side.