A Phoenix Child Support Lawyer will work with you while advising you about your responsibilities when looking to receive, or being asked to pay, child support in Maricopa county, Arizona. Our lawyers at Enholm Law, PLLC will consult with you to build a plan using the personal circumstances found in your case. All of our attorneys are well versed with the Arizona Child Support Guidelines used to assess and enforce child support in Phoenix. Call us today to arrange a initial consultation.
Arizona Child Support Calculator
The Maricopa Superior Court uses the Arizona child support guidelines. The guidelines, along with the Arizona Child Support Calculator, are the governing documents that determine child support. For your convenience, we have provided a copy of this calculator for easy download. The financial responsibility of the parent will be based upon the information entered. An Enholm Law, PLLC Phoenix Child Support Lawyer will work with you to prepare this document while advising you on the impact of any decisions you need to make. To learn more about the Arizona Child Calculator, or download your own copy, please see our article entitled The Arizona Child Support Calculator.
The following information is required in order to complete the calculation in accordance with Arizona state guidelines:
- Both parties monthly gross incomes based on full time employment.
- A yearly amount for child care, if any, keeping in mind that sometimes it is different in the summer.
- Monthly amount for medical insurance premiums being paid for the children’s portion only. (Employee out of pocket costs minus Employee plus children out of pocket costs.)
- An idea of parenting time (visitation) being exercised at this time.
Income Shares Model
It is the legal duty of every parent to support their adopted or natural children. The purpose of child support is to insure that the child will not suffer now that the parents are no longer living together. Arizona has adopted the Income Shares Model. Simply defined, the Income Shares Model states that the monetary needs of the child are the main consideration. Child support is calculated combining the income of both parents. There are many other factors that go into figuring child support and the guidelines includes a chart to help determine the amount of support.
The child support that the non-custodial parent pays is determined by:
- Number of children
- Income of the non-custodial parent
- Parenting time
Support must be paid in money, through clerk of the court that has jurisdiction. Material goods such as clothes or gifts cannot be given in lieu of support. The purpose of the Income Shares Model is to ensure the same amount is spent on the child as if the parents are still together.
Enholm Law, PLLC – What to expect
At Enholm Law, PLLC, we take sides…yours. We know that you are trusting us to protect your rights and interests now that you are involved with a child custody battle. Involvement with the law can be stressful and emotional even under the best of circumstances. Our staff is trained to provide you the personal and legal support you require at this time. We promise that every client is treated in the following manner:
- All of your calls will be returned within 24 hours.
- Bi-weekly calls about the status of your case.
- Clear fee structures based on a flat fee or hourly billing model.
- A high level of competency from our Attorneys.
- A comprehensive plan that is easy to understand and follow.
- Ongoing training for all of our legal staff
Call (602) 889-6273 today to arrange your initial consultation with an Enholm Law, PLLC Phoenix Child Support Lawyer.