Avondale Parenting Time
An Avondale parenting time attorney will stand up for your rights during the process of child custody in Maricopa county, Arizona. The Enholm Law, PLLC Avondale parenting time attorney assigned to your case will meet with you, in Avondale, to evaluate the specific circumstances involved with your case.
Most people consider parenting time and joint legal decision making (joint custody) to be the same thing. In January 2013, the Maricopa county court system divided legal decision making and parenting time into two separate things. Parenting time, or visitation, deals with the time each parent will spend with their child. Legal decision making involves who will make all major decisions regarding medical, education, religion, and personal care.
The court will Arizona Revised Statute 25-403 to determine their findings. ARS 25-403 covers the Best Interests of the Child. This statute is primarily written to insure that no child, natural or adopted, endures any undue hardship when their parents no longer live together. It is important to remember that no two cases are ever exactly alike and consulting an Avondale parenting time attorney is your best option right from the outset of your case. Parenting time is determined by examining many different factors, but three main items are focused on by the court.
The first factor considered is geographical distance between the two homes. This area is especially important if your child is, or is approaching, school age. If the two parents live nearby, it may be practical for both parents to have weekday parenting time. If the two live far enough apart, then one home will be decided upon as the primary residence and the other parent will only have weekend parenting time.
Support Of The Parents By Others
The next factor considered is the support of the parent by others. This s relevant when obligations of employment could possibly conflict with parenting time obligations. It is critical that a proper caregiver is selected to fill in those gaps. In addition, the financial impact may prevent a parent from selecting a caregiver of choice. A well thought out plan will show the superior court that your child will receive proper supervision while the you are seeing other, necessary, commitments.
Availability And Work Schedule
Another factor to consider is the availability and work schedules of both parents. An Avondale parenting time attorney can evaluate your work schedule and availability. They can advise you on how to that it offers you the chance to provide the time to your child required to provide them with the quality of care they need. Work is not the only factor on availability and parents must be careful to think of other commitments that would curtail their availability. This could involve , the health of both parents, other children not common to the parties, school, outside commitments of both parties and general flexibility in schedule.
ARS 25-403.02 covers parenting plans for Maricopa county, Arizona. ARS 25-403.02 was developed to handle any situation where both parents cannot agree to a parenting time plan. In this scenario, both parents must submit a parenting plan to the court if agreements cannot be reached. An Avondale parenting time attorney will help you discern the requirements of this statute and develop a parenting plan that is in accordance. In the case where agreements cannot be made by the parents, the court will rule based on the submitted parenting plan that is best for the child.
Requirements Of A Parenting Plan
Using an Avondale parenting time attorney is your best opportunity to be in compliance with the Arizona state requirements surrounding parenting plans. Parenting plans submitted to the court should include, at a minimum, the following information taken directly from ARS 25-403.02:
- A procedure by which proposed changes, disputes and alleged breaches may be mediated or resolved, which may include the use of conciliation services or private counseling.
- Each parent’s rights and responsibilities for the personal care of the child and for decisions in areas such as education, health care and religious training.
- A procedure for periodic review of the plan’s terms by the parents.
- A procedure for the exchanges of the child, including location and responsibility for transportation.
- A designation of the legal decision-making as joint or sole as defined in section 25-401.
- A practical schedule of parenting time for the child, including holidays and school vacations.
- A procedure for communicating with each other about the child, including methods and frequency.
- A statement that each party has read, understands and will abide by the notification requirements of section 25-403.05, subsection B.
Working with an Avondale Parenting Time Attorney
Your first interaction with an Enholm Law, PLLC Avondale parenting time attorney is going to be a free consultation. During your initial free consultation, you and your attorney will devise a strategy plan to move forward. This is a time set aside for you to review the important facts and legal issues of your case. You will also discuss any and all documents that have been drafted and any evidence that has been compiled. During this initial meeting, your Avondale parenting time attorney advise you on areas of risk and areas of strength in your case.
Enholm Law, PLLC – What to expect
At Enholm Law, PLLC, we take our clients seriously and realize that you are turning to us to help protect your rights and interests during this process. Any involvement with the law can be a stressful, emotional time and our staff is here to provide you the legal and personal support you need at this time. We insure that every client receives the following treatment.
- Bi-weekly calls concerning the status of your case.
- All of your calls will be returned within 24 hours.
- A clear fee structure based on an hourly or flat fee model.
- A comprehensive plan that everyone understands.
- A high level of competency from our Attorneys.
- Ongoing training for all of our legal staff on the most recent laws and statutes surrounding your case.
- Meetings arranged in the Avondale area for your convenience.
Call (602) 889-6273 to schedule your first free consultation meeting with an Enholm Law, PLLC Avondale parenting time attorney today.