Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney
A Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney is a legal professional who will protect your rights and represent you when applying to receive, or hoping to prevent paying, alimony under Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) 25-319. Spousal Maintenance is awarded at the discretion of the court and not strictly governed as Child Support is in Maricopa County, Arizona. This type of maintenance payment is not usually ordered in marriages that are of short duration and especially if the spouse seeking alimony has the ability to be financially self sufficient.
There is no substitute for professional legal advice so it is always best to confer with a Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney when involved with any legal alimony dispute. Call us today to receive a free initial consultation in Surprise Arizona.
Spousal Maintenance Guidelines
Arizona Spousal Maintenance statutes will evaluate many different areas. This could include things like the standard of living the couple enjoyed when they were married. Things such as the financial self sufficiency of the spouse who seeks maintenance and the emotional, physical and mental health of this person are also examined. Here are the factors that are included in the Arizona Spousal Maintenance rules:
- The Standard of Living during the marriage
- The length of marriage
- The Finances of the spouses
- The age of the spouses.
- The emotional health of the spouses.
- The physical health of the spouses
- How long it will take the spouse seeking alimony receive education or training to become self sufficient
Types of Spousal Maintenance
Temporary Spousal Maintenance:
Temporary spousal maintenance is examined and granted during your initial Temporary Orders Hearing. This ruling will remain in effect until you actually attend the evidentiary hearing. Making sure that you have solid representation by an experienced Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney is a critical part of laying the groundwork for the entirety of your case.
Lump Sum Spousal Maintenance:
Lump sum payments could be ordered by the court and is something that is typically agreed upon by the couple voluntarily. This would involve one or two payments that would cover the entirety of support for a pre-defined period of time. This is often granted as a stepping stone to support the spouse who is seeking alimony while attending school or other training to be prepared to re-enter the work force. The focus is always on the spouse seeking maintenance becoming self sufficient in financial matters.
Monthly Spousal Maintenance:
Monthly alimony payments are the type of cases that we deal with most often. Couples can enter into an agreement of their own volition that sets up this type of payment structure for a fixed period of time. If the court has ordered this type of payment then it cannot be changed unless something of significance occurs in the financial or personal situation of the parties involved.
In Arizona, the courts have a lot of options concerning the order of Spousal Maintenance. Child Support has very specific guidelines, as well as a child support calculator, when determining financial support that is in the best interests of the child. Because of the wide latitude that judges have in this area, it is in your best interest to confer with a Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney from the very beginning. Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) 25-319 lays out the Spousal Maintenance eligibility requirements and alimony can be ordered when any one of these following are true:
- The spouse seeking maintenance aided or contributed to the education of the other spouse.
- The spouse seeking maintenance lacks the earning ability adequate to be self-sufficient.
- The spouse seeking maintenance lacks sufficient property or funds to provide for their needs.
- The spouse seeking maintenance is the legal custodian of a child whose age or condition prevents the spouse from working.
- The spouse seeking maintenance had a marriage of long duration whereby they are at the age where gaining adequate employment to be self-sufficient is impossible.
- The spouse seeking maintenance is unable to be support themselves with valid employment.
Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney – Free Consultation
During your initial free consultation, your Enholm Law, PLLC Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney will review the specific circumstances that you face in relationship to your legal issues. This time is set aside for your Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney to listen to your side and to advise you on the strengths and weaknesses in your legal argument. All of the documents that have been drafted, any evidence that might be involved and the specific legal facts of your case will be discussed. This meeting will be held in your local area to insure that you have the maximum amount of time to focus on your specific situation.
After your first consultation, your Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney will arrange for you to receive a Temporary Orders Hearing with the court. If there is any chance of reaching an amicable solution, a Resolution Management Conference will be arranged before, during or just after your hearing. At this point in time your case can grow into either a settlement or a full blown court trial.
Enholm Law, PLLC – What To Expect
At Enholm Law, PLLC, we take our slogan “we take sides…yours” extremely seriously. When you are facing legal issues of any kind, the additional burden of feeling alone or that you have no one on your side can be stressful on you both emotionally and physically. Knowing that you have someone who will listen, who will follow a defined course of action and who will protect your rights are critical factors in the personal and legal success of your case. Our staff, including your Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney, are trained to work together in a cohesive unit to provide you with the personal and professional legal tools you need. We make the following promises to all of our clients:
- All meetings can be arranged in Surprise, Arizona, for your convenience.
- All of our staff undergo ongoing training in their specific fields of endeavor.
- A high level of competency and skill, to include all statutes and case law, are expected of our team.
- You will receive a comprehensive, easy to follow, plan that we only deviate from when circumstances change.
- You will receive bi-weekly status calls to update you on the progress of your case.
- All of your phone calls or emails will be returned within 24 hours or less.
- A clear Fee Structure based upon a flat fee model or hourly billing.
Call (602)889-6273 right now to receive your initial free consultation with a Surprise Spousal Maintenance Attorney who is ready to take your side.
- The Arizona Divorce Process Timeline
- The Basic Areas Of Phoenix Family Law
- The Seven Deadly Sins Of Divorce
- Divorce – Common Issues
- Overview of Annulments
- Phoenix Divorce – What Is Discovery?
- Guidelines For Spousal Maintenance
- Legal terms used in a divorce
- Resolution Management Conference
- Temporary Orders
- Asset Protection Suggestions
- 10 Things to Avoid During a Divorce
- Divorce or Reconciliation
- Covenant Marriage
- Arizona Divorce Requirements