Avondale Spousal Maintenance
An Avondale spousal maintenance attorney can help you to determine if you are eligible for alimony, or protect you from paying alimony, under Arizona Revised Statute 25-319. This usually occurs during a divorce in Maricopa county, Arizona. Spousal maintenance is typically awarded at the court’s discretion. Arizona does not usually award spousal maintenance to those involved in a short duration marriage. Maintenance is also not typically awarded if the person seeking alimony is determined to be financially self sufficient.
It is always best to consult an Avondale spousal maintenance lawyer early in the process to insure that your best interests are being protected. Call today for your initial consultation in the Avondale area.
Spousal Maintenance Guidelines
Arizona spousal maintenance guidelines typically look at several areas. These include the standard of living that both parties came to expect during the course of the marriage. Other factors can include the earning ability of the spouse seeking maintenance and their age. Here are the factors that the Arizona spousal maintenance rules examine:
- The age of the spouses.
- The emotional health of the spouses.
- The length of marriage
- The standard of living during the marriage
- The finances of the spouses
- The physical health of the spouses
- How long it would take the spouse awarded alimony to receive education or training to become self sufficient
Types of Spousal Maintenance
There are several types of spousal maintenance that can be awarded by the courts. Consult with an Avondale spousal maintenance attorney to insure that you are seeking the best possible type for you and your personal situation.
Temporary Spousal Maintenance:
Temporary spousal maintenance is usually awarded during the initial temporary orders hearing. Typically, this lasts until the evidentiary hearing.
Lump Sum Spousal Maintenance:
An Arizona court could order spousal maintenance in a single lump sum payment. This situation could also arise if both parties agree to the lump sum payment scenario. The court will rarely order such a payment but parties often enter into an agreement involving one or two lump sum payments.
Monthly Spousal Maintenance:
This is the most common kind of payment structure involving spousal maintenance awarded by the Arizona courts. This is also the most common payment structure entered into by agreement of both parties during the course of a divorce. This involves a set amount of money paid on a regular monthly basis and paid for a fixed period of time. This fixed period of time can be non-modifiable by both parties. When ordered by the court, this type of support maintenance is only modifiable if a significant change occurs in the parties financial or personal circumstances.
Arizona judges have a great deal of leeway to determine if support is to be awarded. Where child support has specific guidelines, alimony is ordered at the sole discretion of the judge. A skilled and experienced Avondale spousal maintenance attorney can help you to understand what areas of the law impact you. Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) 25-319 states that a person is eligible for spousal maintenance when any of the following reasons are determined to be true:
- The spouse seeking maintenance contributed to the education of the other spouse.
- The spouse seeking maintenance lacks sufficient property to provide for their needs.
- The spouse seeking maintenance is unable to be support ones self-thorough appropriate employment.
- The spouse seeking maintenance is the custodian of a child whose age or condition is such that the spouse should not be required to work.
- The spouse seeking maintenance lacks the earning ability in the labor market adequate to be self-sufficient.
- The spouse seeking maintenance had a marriage of long duration and is of an age that precludes the possibility of gaining adequate employment to be self-sufficient.
Working with an Avondale Spousal Maintenance Attorney
Your first interaction with an Enholm Law, PLLC Avondale spousal maintenance attorney is a consultation. During your initial consultation, you and your attorney will devise a strategy plan to move forward. This is a time set aside for you and your Avondale spousal maintenance attorney to review the important facts and legal issues of your case. You will also discuss any and all documents that have been drafted and any evidence that has been compiled. During this initial meeting, your Avondale divorce attorney advise you on areas of risk and areas of strength in your case.
Enholm Law, PLLC – What to expect
At Enholm Law, PLLC, we take our clients seriously and realize that you are turning to us to help protect your rights and interests during this process. Any involvement with divorce and alimony can be a stressful, emotional time. Our staff is here to provide you the legal and personal support you need at this time. We insure that every client receives the following treatment following treatment, not only from your Avondale spousal maintenance attorney, but from our entire staff.
- Bi-weekly calls concerning the status of your case.
- All calls will be returned within 24 hours.
- A clear fee structure based on an hourly or flat fee model.
- A comprehensive plan that everyone understands.
- A high level of competency from our Attorneys.
- Ongoing training for all of our legal staff on the most recent laws and statutes surrounding your case.
- Meetings arranged in the Avondale area for your convenience.
Call (602) 889-6273 to schedule your first consultation meeting with an Enholm Law, PLLC Avondale spousal maintenance attorney today.
- The Arizona Divorce Process Timeline
- The Basic Areas Of Phoenix Family Law
- The Seven Deadly Sins Of Divorce
- Divorce – Common Issues
- Overview of Annulments
- Phoenix Divorce – What Is Discovery?
- Guidelines For Spousal Maintenance
- Legal terms used in a divorce
- Resolution Management Conference
- Temporary Orders
- Asset Protection Suggestions
- 10 Things to Avoid During a Divorce
- Divorce or Reconciliation
- Covenant Marriage
- Arizona Divorce Requirements